Tuesday, February 21, 2006

About Blogs

I am not being patronizing, but a number of people I contacted about contributing to this blog asked me what a blog was…..so here goes:

About Blogs:

A blog is basically a journal that is available on the web. The activity of updating a blog is "blogging" and someone who keeps a blog is a "blogger." Blogs are typically updated daily using software that allows people with little or no technical background to update and maintain the blog.

To publish this blog, I use “Pingomatic.com” to ping automatically every time I publish a new item in the blog. Publishing (and pinging) frequently will keep the blog on the web-wide lists of most-updated sites, which will bring more traffic and more search engines to check out the blog and the websites behind it.

For everyone who helps make this a great Blog about villa life in Montserrat, I will gladly include a link to your selected website -- and thank you.

No comments: